VOLUNTEER!PTA Update 11/15/2022
Thank you to all that attended our first PTA meeting last week. We were able to get part of our board voted in as well as our budget and standing rules approved.
We will be making changes to both of these documents over the next couple months and plan to have updates at our next meeting in January.
We are still in search of a PTA president as well as PTA chair and committee members.
These positions can be shared between two people so if you are unsure about your time and availability, co-chair with a friend!
SEE OUR VOLUNTEER PAGE FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES!
Volunteering doesn’t mean overwhelming time commitment. With KaMS PTA you can volunteer as frequently as your own time allows. Even an hour every month makes a HUGE difference. Research studies have shown family involvement in their school helps to support not only your own student but the student and staff community success as a whole.
Along with your membership, please consider making an additional donation as well to the PTA as this money goes towards supporting our school, student needs and education community!
Please join us easily at this address: Join Today!
2022-2023 open KaMS PTA Board positions and their descriptions
- President Leads the PTA towards specific goals chosen by the members; helps sets the vision for the PTA; appoints committee and event chairs; works closely with the principal; creates agendas for and presides at Executive Board and General meetings; works with the treasurer and executive board on developing and implementing budget; attends monthly Council meeting, serves as ex-officio member of all committees; trouble-shoots in all areas of PTA/school involvement.
Elected Board as of 11/7/2022
- Vice President - Allison Griesel
- Secretary - Jodi Gaertner
- Treasurer - Anuj Malhotra
Contact our board at the below email address if you are interested in any of our core open Board positions.
Kamiakin Middle School PTA is home to teachers, parents and students working to make a positive impact in the lives of our children.
The mission of the Kamiakin PTA is to support and advocate for students by:
- Actively collaborating with the administration
- Enriching the learning environment, and
- Strengthening connections between home, school, and community.
Kamiakin Middle School Website: KaMS Website